cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuncanIVH
Helper I
Helper I

When a HTTP request is received - not triggering

I have a Flow which uses the 'When a HTTP Request is received' trigger. This should trigger whenever an SMS is received in ClickSend.

However the Flow doesn't trigger when an SMS is received.

flow.png

I have used Postman to manually test the trigger and it does work.

flowrun.png

I have also tested from the ClickSend side of things using webhook.site. If I use the URL provided by webhook.site in the ClickSend webhook, a request is received.

The webhook in ClickSend. Adding a Test reply a request when using the webhook.site URL but not when using the Flow URL.The webhook in ClickSend. Adding a Test reply a request when using the webhook.site URL but not when using the Flow URL.

I have also talked to ClickSend support but obviously it's working when using webhook.site. But then Power Automate is also working when using Postman.

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @DuncanIVH 

So in ClickSend you have configured the Flow HTTP url for the trigger?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm 

yes that's correct. The URL is the webhook is set as the one from the Flow trigger.

webhookurl.png

matt-gowland

Did you find a solution to this problem? Im having the exact same issue and have done the exact same troubleshooting steps you have. Still the http trigger is not hit.

@matt-gowland unfortunately not. Are you using ClickSend or a webhook from something else?

If using ClickSend I worked around it by polling ClickSend instead. For me, instant notifications wasn't important so I run the Flow once a week, poll the delivery reports and then there's an API to mark them as read at ClickSend.

Dam. I am using a different SAAS application but same principle - trying to send a web request on an event in the SAAS app - confirmed the exact same request works using Postman, confirmed the SAAS application is sending the request exactly as expected to https://webhook.site

Ive opened a support case with Microsoft but they're generally pretty useless 🙂

Might have to resort to doing it the old fashioned way and run up a node.js endpoint to do what power automate should be able to do 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,178)