cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Simon-bw
Level: Power Up

When a Sharepoint item is modified

I'm struggling with what should be a very simple flow.

I want to send an email when a sharepoint list item is updated. I have used the trigger: When an item is created or modified.

When the item is created, there is a calculated column which = No. I have added a flow condition (calculated column = Yes) which prevents the email from sending when the item is created.

When I update the item and the calculated column = yes, I would expect this to trigger the flow (When a Sharepoint item is modified) however this simply isn't happening. 

It appears as though the flow only runs when the Sharepoint list item is added, as opposed to updated. I've checked the run history and there are no runs, no checks, nothing following edits to the list item!

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When a Sharepoint item is modified

Hi @Simon-bw,

The issue could not be reproduced on my side.

According to your description, I made the following test. First, create a Calculated column in SharePoint list with the following code. So it will return Yes if the value of Number column is 1, otherwise it will return No. Which works fine.

If([Number]=1,”Yes”,”No”)

(Note: The data type returned from this formula is Single line of text)

1.PNG

Then I created the flow with the trigger When an item is created or modified, then the Condition. The Condition is configured as AAA (Calculated column name) is equal to Yes. Under If yes branch, send an email.

The flow works fine and can be triggered whenever an item is created or modified. Images for your reference.

2.PNG

When a new item is created in the list, the flow can be fired successfully.

3.PNG

Could you please try again with it? Please feel free post back with more details if you are still having the issue.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Simon-bw
Level: Power Up

Re: When a Sharepoint item is modified

Hi Mabel, Thanks for your assistance.

Your test accurately mirrors my flow. The only exception is that the calculated column returns data type: yes/no however I have now updated this to "single line of text".

I have tested the flow again. When I add an item, the flow runs as expected:

MS Flow Successful Run.png

MS Flow.png

However, when I update the same item, the flow simply doesn't run.

When I check the run history there are no new checks for data. It would appear as though the flow trigger for updating the item simply isn't working.

I have tried editing the item several different ways (quick edit, details pane etc.) however nothing seems to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 165 members 4,603 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: