Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

When a date field is created or modified

Hello,

I am trying to build a Flow that sends an email when a specific date column is either created or modified (we don't always immediately have a date in the column, but when we do I need it to recognize that change).  If it sees the change, it checks another field (has email been sent), then if that condition is true it waits until the day after the date in that field, sends the email, and marks the "email sent" field as yes (because I only need it to send once).

I am having an issue where it is not detecting changes.  I have changed the specified field date multiple times, but it always shows as false which stops the whole Flow in its tracks.  Any ideas?

tdwils_0-1646754622817.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

Hi all,

I managed to figure this out!  So, first off, instead of the expression in the "since" field, I just set it to "Modified."  This was enough to have the Flow detect the changes.  I also tweaked my condition, as I think there was another field that should have been using boolean terms (I also added a sub group to account for null fields).  Finally, I added a compose action before my delay, which was also causing issues.  Here is the final product:

tdwils_0-1646946893621.png

tdwils_1-1646946904313.png

tdwils_2-1646946915193.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

Bumping for visibility.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tdwils ,

It's wierd. I can't reproduce the problem...

vxiaochenmsft_0-1646882774474.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1646882818104.png

Could you share the error history screenshot of your flow? 

Besides, Is it because after sending the email, the "email sent" field is updated to 'yes' and the flow is triggered again?

Could you check flow and verify my guess?

Best Regards,

Wearsky

@v-xiaochen-msft- so it's set to "yes" after the email is sent, but it's not even getting that far.  It's not detecting that I am making any changes.

It's technically not erroring - the Flow is succeeding but because it thinks no changes are being made, it's stopping.

Here are some additional pics:

tdwils_0-1646923713564.pngtdwils_1-1646923784102.png

I am changing the date over and over again in the SharePoint list, but no matter how many times I change, it is not recognizing that it's even changing at all.  I hope that makes sense!  Thanks for your help.

tdwils
Helper III
Helper III

Hi all,

I managed to figure this out!  So, first off, instead of the expression in the "since" field, I just set it to "Modified."  This was enough to have the Flow detect the changes.  I also tweaked my condition, as I think there was another field that should have been using boolean terms (I also added a sub group to account for null fields).  Finally, I added a compose action before my delay, which was also causing issues.  Here is the final product:

tdwils_0-1646946893621.png

tdwils_1-1646946904313.png

tdwils_2-1646946915193.png

Evil353
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I had a similar issue. I resolved it by using "Trigger Window Start Token" in the *Since field.

Trigger Window.jpg

Use the Condition function to set which field you want to monitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,158)