cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When a file is Created, Modified, or Deleted SharePoint Flow

I just started using power automate a couple weeks ago so I'm definitely a rookie at this. Anyways, so far my flow looks like the photo attached below. This allows any creation/modification that takes place in Folder A to occur in Folder B, except when you delete the file in Folder A. I would like to add on to my flow to include if a file is deleted in Folder A then the connected file is deleted in Folder B. Any suggestions how I could make the deleting part of this work? Or you can tell me I'm crazy for thinking this is possible! Thanks!

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: When a file is Created, Modified, or Deleted SharePoint Flow

Hi @Russel1 

You need another flow which triggers against the deletion. It won't be possible to add the logic in your existing flow.

image.png

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: When a file is Created, Modified, or Deleted SharePoint Flow

Hi!

Which mechanism do you currently use to match files in Folder A and B? I mean, does 'when a file is deleted' return enough file related info, like the ID, or the filename, so can identify the connected file in Folder B?

As explained in the following thread, "...using the "When an Item is Delete" step is VERY limited. The output from that trigger gives you no useful information on the deleted item. And while it DOES provide you the item's ID, using a follow-up 'Get Item' using that ID returns nothing..."

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/powerapps-flow/how-to-update-list-item-in-list-2-when-list-it...

So, if you connect filed in Folder A and B by means of their ID, fine. If not, we got a problem. Assumen the problem exists, may I suggest to implement a second Flow, based on the recurrence trigger, executed daily, goes all trough files in Folder B, tries to find their mirror file in Folder A, if not found, delete file in Folder B.
Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,036)