cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LuisGuzman98
Level: Powered On

When a file is added to a sharepoint folder is not retrieving the content uploaded in the desired format

Hi, 

Actually creating a flow using the trigger for when a file is added to a sharepoint folder. The file that is being uploaded is an excel file with just rows of data. image.png

Problem is that the content of the file that is being uploaded does not retrieve nothing similar. It retrieves some characters and that's it. just like shown below:image.png

need to get this content in an excel format for then convert the data into a table. but by know I just can't and it is because of the wrong content i'm getting. 

This is how my Sharepoint Folder where I upload the excel file looks like:image.png

What I'm I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: When a file is added to a sharepoint folder is not retrieving the content uploaded in the desired format

Hi @LuisGuzman98 

You can't map the file content in the body of mail.

Click show advanced options. 

Map Attachment name to filename, Attachment content to File Content.

If you need any help in this please let me know.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Re: When a file is added to a sharepoint folder is not retrieving the content uploaded in the desired format

@LuisGuzman98 :

As @abm has mentioned, you'll need to attach the file to the email.

Another option might be to create a sharing link for the file and include that link in the email.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
LuisGuzman98

Hey @ScottShearer  & @abm thanks for helping out! 

Ooook! Not quite sure of how to implement that one up there but actually, my main purpose for this flow is not to send an email with the file, I was just testing if the file was captured in the correct format. 

My main purpose is to create an excel table with the data of the file uploaded for then uploading it to sharepoint. Thing is the flow ain't working and that's why I was testing it with the send email action...

Something like this is what I'm thinking:

image.png

The idea is to process the table created for uploading and updating a sharepoint list, but by now I'm stuck on this first stage of the process. Some help in it would be just great!

Super User
Super User

Hi @LuisGuzman98 

"My main purpose is to create an excel table with the data of the file uploaded for then uploading it to sharepoint."

What is the purpose of the Excel sheet table here? Can't you directly uploading it to SharePoint using flow?

Excel sheet create table you can't set the file content under the File property. This file property is for setting the path of the excel sheet by pressing the folder icon on the right hand side. Then specify the table range and table name.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

LuisGuzman98

Hey, @abm  

" What is the purpose of the Excel sheet table here? "

Got a team that needs to update a sharepoint data base every day. The data of the sharepoint site comes from a CRM, when an opp is added to the CRM they need to add it to sharepoint too, don't ask me why, they just do it as a matter of control of performance and trackeability.

My solution by now for them is to:

1. Run a report in the CRM with the data they need  -> 2. Download the report as an excel file -> 3. Upload the excel file to a sharepoint folder (Trigger action of the flow) -> 4. Create a table with the excel file uploaded -> Update the sharepoint list & add the new items with the data obtained from the process. 

I don't know how to do this by now, it is retrieving an error when testing. this is what I have thought by now: 

image.png

buuut this ain't working 

Error message: 

"Cannot find resource for the request csv."

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 204 members 6,472 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: