cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonorl
Level: Powered On

When a file is created in SharePoint (spreadsheet) get rows and paste them in a master spreadsheet

I have a SharePoint folder where only spreadsheets are uploaded. I need to extract data from one of the tables (Table1) and paste that in a different spreadsheet.

I'm stuck as to how to extract the rows from the spreadsheets as soon as these are uploaded:

Untitled1.png

This is the error I'm getting, my test spreadsheet does have a table created called "Table1".

Untitled2.jpg

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a file is created in SharePoint (spreadsheet) get rows and paste them in a master spreadshe

Yes. This issue has to be reported to the developers.

I get the same error when i use the path from dynamic content. But there is no issue with the static file path selected from the Browse option.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a file is created in SharePoint (spreadsheet) get rows and paste them in a master spreadshe

"Get Rows" excel activity works only for OneDrive, Dropbox etc. Try "List rows present in table" action under Excel Online (Business). This action can access the files in sharepoint sites.

jonorl

Thanks for your suggestions, Dinesh, but now I'm receiving a "not found error":

Untitled1.jpg

But the file definitely exists in that folder:

Capture1.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

please post the complete screenshot of the error includng the output section too

jonorl

It may be that my confusion is around what dynamic contents to add as to express where the files should be getting from:

Untitled2.jpg

The File path is then turned into: "/Shared Documents/VBA tools/Flow/Functional ecar test/Ecar dump/Flow test file.xlsx"

And this is the 404:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 404,
    "source": "europe-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "4b077603-995d-4bb3-b771-745faf4d2bd1",
    "message": "The response is not in a JSON format.",
    "innerError": "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."
  }
}

jonorl

I'm starting to believe that this has to be reviewed by developers. If I include the specific name of the file, the flow indentifies the spreadsheet ok:

Untitled4.jpg

But if I use a dynamic content (and I've tried all possible combinations with file path, file ID and file name) that will link to the exact same file, it will show a 404 error:

Untitled5.jpg

I've managed to make it work, but from OneDrive instead of SharePoint, which is a temporary workaround:

Capture3.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. This issue has to be reported to the developers.

I get the same error when i use the path from dynamic content. But there is no issue with the static file path selected from the Browse option.

View solution in original post

mmullen

Same error here.

I really need to make a copy of an excel file template (by adding a timestamp) then create a table in that file using "Excel Online (Business) > Create Table" action.

It is disappointing and limiting I can't use dynamic content for the file name property.

valex

I guess the main problem is with the "Preview" statement in the title of the action. I was trying to use the same thing for the purpose of refreshing the query in one Excel worksheet located on my SharePoint Online, and it is doing practically nothing at all.

Therefore, this is a question for Flow development team @Microsoft - when is this action going to be enabled?

Saintenr

Hello all,

what does the support team answered to your error?

i run into the same issue and also think about to report this again to microsoft. 

I use the list folder aktion with a dynamic path out of an excel table which is located into a sharepoint doc library.

thanks 

Saintenr

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,623)