cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FH1000
Helper II
Helper II

When a file is created in a folder -> Create a task

Case: I have users who upload from one-many files to an upload folder on my sharepoint library. This creates a task in a planner.

Is there a good way to get only one task from each of these batches of files?

4 REPLIES 4
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @FH1000 

There has to be some unique metadata information that is required to check whether the task is already created or not. If the files are unique, may be you can check the filename and if the file with the specific name is uploaded then we can create a task.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FH1000 ,

Are there any relations between these batches of files and the task?

Please provide more explanations about your requirements.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

each bach of files should only create one task per batch. I can create a flow that makes tasks per file. I need one task per batch.

Hi @FH1000 ,

If the batch files are stored in a specified folder, you could create a relationship between the folder and a task. One task corresponding to a specified folder.

You could store the folder id/folder identifier/folder path in the subject of the task so that we could get the only one task by the info of the folder.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,222)