Good afternoon; The flow is when a file is created in a folder, look in others folders and if there are documents with the same name or similar, send a notification. Thank you for the help.
Please provide more information on what you have tried and where you are stuck, so that we may better be able to help you 🙂
Kind regards, John
You should do something like this:
1) When the file is created in OneDrive
2) List files in root folder and for each element, check if the element is a folder
3) If the element is a folder, find files in this folder (be careful, using the id of the folder, and not the name). Thanks to @RezaDorrani for this excellent solution (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/List-files-in-folder-not-working-as-expected/td-p...).
4) If the element is found (length(body('Find_files_in_folder')) > 0 means that at least an item was found)
5) Send an email notification.
In this case, this flow is not a recurring one, and I mean it won't look for the file in subfolders of a specific folder.
Hope it helps!
Good afternoon; The flow is more hard what is seems like. I have a folder, where do I upload files. I would like, that this flow, browse the name of the files of other folders and subfolders and if this found a similar name, send me a notification. This is to detect duplicates of files. I have tried the flow it sent, but it gives an error:
Currently it is not supported to search in a folder and its subfolders in O4B. You can vote for this feature here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Support-for-sub-folders-of-OneDrive-When-a-...
The only solution to your problem should be creating a recursive or nested flow. You can find some ideas at this excellent post by John Liu: http://johnliu.net/blog/2017/7/nested-flow-cheatsheet-for-microsof-flow
Hope it helps!
Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.
Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.
At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.
If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.