Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jesse_wysong
Level: Power Up

When a file is created (properties only) vs. When a file is created

Hello,

I have a flow setup to send an email to a shared mailbox when a new file is added to a Sharepoint folder. 

If I select when When a file is created (properties only) as a trigger, I have some great dynamic content like the user ID that added the file, and a direct link to the file. However, I DON'T have things like including the file as an attachment [File Content]. 

If I choose When a file is created as a trigger I am able to send the file as an attachment but lose the ability to embed user data and the live link to the file. 

I would like to understand why I cant access dynamic content from both options; The only two servies are Office 365 emails and Office 365 Sharepoint libraires in both instances. 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When a file is created (properties only) vs. When a file is created

Hi @jesse_wysong,

From the doc on connector SharePoint we know the trigger When a file is created (properties only) returns only the properties stored in the library columns. If you want to get file content, you can add a “Get file content” step and use the “File identifier” property returned by this action to get the contents of the file. While trigger When a file is created in a folder won’t return properties of the library columns.

Please check the following URL for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#triggers

If you are using the trigger When a file is created (properties only), to get file content, please add the action Get file content.

If you are using the trigger When a file is created in a folder, to get file properties, please add the action “Get file properties” and use the File identifier property returned by this action.

Hope this could be your reference. Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,967)