cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dana_L
Regular Visitor

When a file is deleted in a SharePoint folder, delete file with the same name in a different SharePoint site folder

Hi, 

I have successfully completed a copy flow that will copy files that are created or modified in the originating SharePoint folder to a destination SharePoint site's folder. Now, I attempting to created a flow that will delete the file in the destination site's folder when it is deleted in the originating SharePoint site's folder. 

I reviewed a post from 2018 where someone was attempting the same flow (When a file is deleted in a SharePoint folder, del... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)). I have tried what was suggested (add an action to 'get folder metadata using path') unsuccessfully. I BELIEVE the problem is using the correct folder path for the Recycle Bin since the response is 'File not Found'. I've tried 'Trash', 'Recycle Bin' and the path that I see in the URL when I visit the Recycle Bin (/_layouts/15/).  (Screenshot below) So far, everything fails at the 'get folder metadata using path' action. 

Dana_L_1-1627069953646.png

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Dana_L ,

You can use the SharePoint API to query the recycle bin using oData.

Screenshot_20210724-134542_Chrome.jpg

Thanks

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Hi @eric-cheng,

Thank you for your response. First, I'd like to admit and apologize for being a beginner!!

I'm editing my first reply since I made a rookie mistake and didn't follow your instructions to the letter. 

After making the corrections, the the 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint' processes successfully. However, I'm now receiving a 404 error on the Delete File action - 'The response is not in a JSON format.' and 'The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed or is temporarily unavailable.'  

When I view the output results from the 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint', the site address and file identifier are correct. I'm able to copy and paste those into a browser window and the file is accessed. 

Any thoughts on why I'm getting this new error?

Thanks for your time and help,

Dana_L

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,487)