cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rb_me

When a file is modified send email notification

Trying to create a simple flow targeting a file in onedrive.  Would like an email notification sent when an Excel spreadsheet is updated. Using the "when the file is modified" trigger.  The option will not let you select a specific file from the drop down list.  It only recognizes folders.  So i moved the Excel file to a folder where it's the only file in that folder.  The flow is set based on the folder name.   I now get an email anytime someone opens the folder or opens the spreadsheet. Whether or not any updates were made to the spreadsheet. I don't want to get a emails every time someone opens and reads the spreadsheet. Only when a change was made.

3 REPLIES 3
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hello @rb_me,

unfortunately at the moment there’s no excel table change trigger. the only excel trigger that we have is “for a selected row” that’s a manual trigger.

instead of using excel, have you ever considered to use a SharePoint list?

BR,

Marco

BR,

Marco

rb_me

not familiar with a sharepoint list.  I'll check that out. thanks

Fanatic
Helper I
Helper I

1). Using the "when the file is modified" trigger. YOu can set a trigger condition that the trigger only reacting on your excelsheet file name.

2). Place your excel into a sharepoint library , you have more flexibility to check on attributes and place custom attributes to compare something

3). or copy your excel columns completly into a sharepoint list

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,768)