cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunshineK
Helper II
Helper II

When a new MS form is submitted - add row in excel, save attachment to designated folder and create link to attachment in folder in excel spreadsheet

Hi team,

As subject line states:

When a new MS form is submitted - add row in excel, save attachment to designated folder and create link to attachment in folder in excel spreadsheet.

This is my flow:

Flowqu.PNG

I have the first part complete - when a new MS form is submitted it creates a row in excel.

I created a folder where I want to store my attachments however it isn't quite working - the file comes across but as this:

Flowqu2.PNG

I would like it stored as a word document if possible.

And lastly - I want to create a link in the excel spreadsheet - so I can click on this and it will take me straight to that document - currently comes up as this.

Flowqu3.PNG

Thank you 🙂

1 REPLY 1
SunshineK
Helper II
Helper II

For those looking to do the same thing as me - here is the solution: 

Once my form was created, I created the excel spreadsheet I wanted to capture data and the folder in which I wanted to save my attachments in. 

SunshineK_0-1606877427662.png

SunshineK_1-1606877525739.png

ID for update file I have as 'ItemID' from sharepoint 'create file' dynamic content.

SunshineK_2-1606877703447.png

I only updated my attachment which dynamic content is 'Sharing Link'. 

It worked well for me 🙂 

A couple things I learn't along the way - Forms can be set up as Group Forms as well. Group forms however will not come up on your forms trigger however you can use the FormID in your URL and copy that. While this worked for me, I figured Id be best to have a secondary back up so have it saving to my onedrive then I am essentially copying / sharing it into my sharepoint site for other to view. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,959)