cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a new item is created in one list, a corresponding item is deleted in another list.

I am working with a data base (list) that needs to be edited, but I want to create a workflow that doesn't let just anyone come in and change whatever they want. I have created a form for people to fill out to request deletion of an item from the data base. I have also set up a work flow that records the answers from the form into a list on the SharePoint site that records all delete requests. I am trying to figure out how to create a workflow that deletes an item from the data base once an item is created in the "Delete Request" list. I also want to set it up to where the request must be approved before the item gets deleted. 

In summary...

I have a "Delete Requests" list. Once an item is created in that list, an approval is created. Upon approval, the item in the data base (call it List1) that corresponds to the item in the "Delete Requests" list is deleted from List1.

I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried created a column in the "Delete Requests" where the requester enters the ID from List1 and the workflow only deletes the item with that ID, but it won't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When a new item is created in one list, a corresponding item is deleted in another list.

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that your logic is correct, you could refer to the screenshot below to configure your Flow.

Here you need to include an ItemID field in Delete request list to get the item in the specified List that needs to be deleted.

In addition, when configuring the Approval action, we need to use Outcome to judge.

Image reference:

92.PNG93.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: When a new item is created in one list, a corresponding item is deleted in another list.

@Anonymous 

post screenshot of your Flow which is not working 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It contains confidential information that I cannot make public. I'll write out what I put in the flow:

When a new item is created

- List Name: Delete Requests

Start an Approval

- Approval Type: Approve/reject - First to respond

- Title: Delete Request

- Assigned to: me

- Details: Approval Request

- Item Link: (Dynamic) Link to item

- Item Link Description : (Dynamic) Name

Condition

- (Dynamic) Response is equal to "Approve"

If yes... - Get iems 

-- List Name: List 1

- Apply to each

-- Select an output from previous steps: (Dynamic) value

Condition: (Dynamic) Column One - which is input of "List 1" ID into "Delete Requests" - is equal to                                               Dynamic) ID - from "List 1"

If yes... Delete Item

-- List Name: List 1

-- Id: (Dynamic) ID - which is from "List 1"

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that your logic is correct, you could refer to the screenshot below to configure your Flow.

Here you need to include an ItemID field in Delete request list to get the item in the specified List that needs to be deleted.

In addition, when configuring the Approval action, we need to use Outcome to judge.

Image reference:

92.PNG93.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,701)