cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When a specific field on sharepoint column is modified

Hi all,

I have a Share point list where I need to receive an email notification when the field "documents signed" is triggered to YES and no nothing if NO.  I created another "signed" column with the default value set to YES so that when documents signed is YES = signed YES it will send me an email notification. Picked up both column's VALUES *documents signed value is equal to signed value* as my condition.

Problem: I trigger the YES on the "documents signed" column and received an email. GOOD. But whenever i change another field like for example the "date of first appt" column with the "documents signed" ticked as YES, it sends me another email which i do not want. Please help thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Can you share a screenshot of your current flow design? Also, can you confirm if your Sharepoint fields are defined as 'single line of text', 'choice', 'yes/no', other?

AS far as I understand, you just need to receive the email the very first time both item is modified and the two colums are set to YES, but if item is updated later and both columns keep value YES, you do not want the email to be sent again, right?

If so, did you consider to activate Version History on your Sharepoint list?

THanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

ss problem.JPGss.JPGI have both columns as choices. The flow works but it keeps on sending me an email whenever i put a date on the "date of first appt" or whenever i modify another field while the "documents signed" column is triggered to YES.

Highlighted

Yes all i need is to receive an email when "documents signed" column is triggered to YES. The other column "signed" is already set to YES as default and it works its just that it sends me another email when other fields are modified

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

So, if you can activate Version History on your SP List, my suggestion is to inspect the current values stored in both columns, and also the values stored in both column just before the last item update.

Once Version History is activated, in order to get both current item version and last item version all you need to do is to add 'SEnd an HTTP request to sharepoint' with the following values

Flow_VersionHistory.png

Once grabbed all this info, you need to add additional rules in your Condition, so you make sure current columns value is YES-YES, but last columns value is not YES-YES

If you are not convinced with  'Version history' approach, you can add a third column (let's call it NotificationSent) as an alternative. So set its value by default to NO, and you once you send the email you update it to YES. So, need to add an additional rule to your condition to make sure email is sent only when 3column values are YES-YES-NO

BTW, please note your current Condition will execute the logic from the true branch not only if both columns are set to YES, but also if both of them are set to NO.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,630)