cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AMcmasterSage
Level: Powered On

When a task is assigned to a user, send an email to the user in question

Hello, I am currently in the process of building a set of flows for my business to process user requests. Tasks are assigned to users manually, and I was wondering if it's possible to make a flow in which, after a task is assigned to a user in Planner, an email is sent to that user informing them of this fact. I've only found a trigger that does this when a task is assigned to me. Any quick help would be very appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When a task is assigned to a user, send an email to the user in question

Hi @AMcmasterSage,

Microsoft flow Planner connector support the "when a task is assigned to me" trigger currently, if you want every use would receive a email that they have been assigned to a task, please make sure every user in your business should each create a flow in their flow list as below:

Capture.PNG

If you want to create only one flow in your flow list to send the email when any user in your business have been assigned a task,  it couldn't be achieved in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

AMcmasterSage

Hi Alice, thanks for the response, though I ended up doing what you suggested anyway and I've documented how to make the flow for my coworkers. Thankfully, only four people, including myself, need to use it, so it isn't too much of an issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AMcmasterSage,

Microsoft flow Planner connector support the "when a task is assigned to me" trigger currently, if you want every use would receive a email that they have been assigned to a task, please make sure every user in your business should each create a flow in their flow list as below:

Capture.PNG

If you want to create only one flow in your flow list to send the email when any user in your business have been assigned a task,  it couldn't be achieved in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice

AMcmasterSage

Hi Alice, thanks for the response, though I ended up doing what you suggested anyway and I've documented how to make the flow for my coworkers. Thankfully, only four people, including myself, need to use it, so it isn't too much of an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,640)