cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

When a task is coming due in a sharepoint list, send an email to a shared mailbox

Hello all,

I want to do something similar to https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-to-send-an-email-when-SharePoint-item-is-due..., but I do not understand one of the steps they are using.  In the "apply to each" there is a SharePoint symbol and the word value.  Where does this come from?  I think the rest of the solution in that post is what I am looking for,  but any assistance on helping me understand how to specify a value in the "apply to each" section is apprecaited. 

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: When a task is coming due in a sharepoint list, send an email to a shared mailbox

You don't - and can't - specify a value, you just select value from the dynamic content box which is there after you've added the Get items and Apply to each to your Flow.  Value is a sort of system array variable holding the values of the items brought back from the SharePoint list. You're telling Flow that for each item brought back from the list apply the following actions to it.

Rob

Los Gallardos

apply_to_each_value.png

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: When a task is coming due in a sharepoint list, send an email to a shared mailbox

Thank you.  

I have this set, but this is not working.  Also,  I was actually hoping to have an email sent by the user/mailbox assigned to the task, a day before the task is due.  

We have a shared mailbox we use for our helpdesk, and this is assigned to the tasks.  When a task assigned to this shared mailbox comes due, I am hoping for an email to be sent to the shared mailbox.  I am very much not a coder, and am stumbling through this, so any suggestions/assistance would be appreciated. 

Here is what I have so far for the Get Items:

Flow Pic.jpg

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ok, 

So, I got past the 404 error with the SharePoint list name.  Now I am getting an error regarding tthe Filter Query. 

2019-03-15_17-40-35.jpg2019-03-15_17-43-23.jpg

I guess I need to specify a colume in the SharePoint Task list?

Ultimately what I am going for is when the task is assigned to a specific user (in this case the shared mailbox of helpdesk) the day before the task is due, an email gets sent to the shared mailbox (helpdesk) to alert our support team a task is due.  I am getting some good knowledge of Flow, but still not being successful in the creation of this flow. 

Again, any help is appreciated, I am just glad I progressed onto a different error. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,962)