cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinnn

When a task is complete respond with an email

Hello, 

When a task in planner is complete I want to send an email that this specific task is complete. Currently when I mark one task as complete I get emails that all the open tasks are complete. 
Thank you in advance for the help! 

6 REPLIES 6
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Martinnn,

Can you share a couple of screenshots of the current setup flow?

Just to double check. Are you using the When a task is completed trigger action at the beginning of your flow?

Martinnn

The idea behind the flow is that we get requests from Microsoft forms and they get imported into Planner. All these conditions are because we have 6 different requests that the person can choose from. 
When we get the task in planner we have all the details in the description because of “update task details” and what I want is when I mark this specific task as complete to automatically send an email to the specific customer who created this request. 

DFEACC15-C5C7-475F-917A-CB34716F59F1.png

71862A50-F202-4726-A961-7152F688AD0A.png

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Martinnn,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

Would it be possible to create a separate flow for the notifications? Normally I say that would be easier. But there must be a reason why you embedded it within this flow, correct?

whenataskiscompleted_example.png

Martinnn

No, @Expiscornovus, actually I did it like that just to test if it is working. I thinks it’s way easier to have it just for once rather 6 times, however, I’m still not sure how to make it task specific. 

Martinnn

@Expiscornovus  Hi, do you have any solution? 

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Martinnn,

I think the challenge with the current setup is that when a random task is completed your when a task is completed action will be triggered.

We only want it to trigger when the specific task which you have created in your flow is completed, correct?

Normally I would use a trigger condition for that trigger action. However, it looks like that setting is not available when using the same trigger action in the middle of the flow instead of at the beginning.

Back to the drawing board. I will try and find another approach which can be used within the current flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,510)