cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a team member is added trigger - can this be dynamically referenced?

Hi All,

New to Power Automate and would appreciate some assistance.

Background:
I've built a flow that creates a new team on receipt of an email and then takes the Teams name from the email subject line and builds out the channels list and adds the recipients in the "TO" field (excluding me) then posts a "welcome message" within a newly created "Chat" channel that gets created as part of the flow(can't get General channel to work as has been pointed out this hasn't been clicked to be created yet) - this all works great.

Main Problem:

The problem is as these emails come in with different names in the subject line each time and this in turn dynamically generates multiple Teams that I'm the owner of- I want be be able to automate the welcome message each time a team member is added to any one of these teams in the future /going forward -  how can I specify this in a flow or link it back to this one?

I assume I would need to copy/duplicate the "When a new team member is added" trigger and update the teams it references to each time a new one is created? Hopefully there is a better way is this would run into the hundreds of flows being produced and the details manually amended?

Any help would be much appreciated! 🙂

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,779)