cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

When an Item is Created or Modified sometimes doesnt trigger, when triggers return false incorrectly

I have built a flow that triggers (SHOULD TRIGGER) when an item is created or updated on sharepoint list.  Sometimes does not trigger at all.  When does trigger, is resulting in FALSE when, based on criteria, should be TRUE.

Can you help me please?

I have several different scenarios to update a field - listed below in order of simplicity.

When Status = Complete, update Concern Indicator field = "NA"

When Issues = "None" and Due Date > utcNow, update Concern Indicator field = "None"

When Issues = "Minor" and Status <> Complete and Due Date > utcNow, update Concern Indicator field = "Minor"

When Issues = "Major" and Status in (Planned, In-progress) and Due Date <= utcNow, update Concern Indicator field = "Major"

As of now, I have included only the first criteria.

FLOW_WhenItemCreatedOrModified.pngSharePoint_List.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: When an Item is Created or Modified sometimes doesnt trigger, when triggers return false incorrectly

The value in the field "Status" is "Complete".  

I figured out that I was using the wrong 'field'.  Status is a choice field, so in the drop down to select there are two options: "Status" and "Status Value".  I was using "Status".  Once I changed it to "Status Value", it appears to do the updates - along with consideration of the 'delay' in updating, I think I am good.

Thank you SO much for your response!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: When an Item is Created or Modified sometimes doesnt trigger, when triggers return false incorrectly

I was having a similar issue a while back and never could figure out why it was behaving the way it was. I was keying on the internal "HasAttachment" field and it was failing jobs when the field was set to "true". 

When you test this job, what do you see in the column that your condition is set against? What is in the "status" field when this runs?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

The value in the field "Status" is "Complete".  

I figured out that I was using the wrong 'field'.  Status is a choice field, so in the drop down to select there are two options: "Status" and "Status Value".  I was using "Status".  Once I changed it to "Status Value", it appears to do the updates - along with consideration of the 'delay' in updating, I think I am good.

Thank you SO much for your response!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tdbishop,

I am glad your issue has been solved.

If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am also getting weird behavior using the HasAttachments as a condition. Item has an attachment, and the output verifies that the HasAttachments value is true. But then on the condition it comes back false and goes down the wrong path. And now today, the workflow won't run, really. It's happy with the trigger, good output, etc... but then can't proceed to the next action, which is to set a variable. Just hanging there now for over 2 hours. Why can't it progress? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,388)