cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesusem
Level: Powered On

When an attendee of all Required & Optional attendees is from outside of your company, send an email

Hi,

I would like to create a flow to send an email to the email address of the reception desk when an new event is created having this 2 conditions:

• one of all Required & Optional attendees is from outside your company and
  • the location contains the name of your office

I'm doing it for office 365 calendar events.

Does anyone have an idea about how to do it?

Thanks.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When an attendee of all Required & Optional attendees is from outside of your company, send

Hi @jesusem,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG 

Note:

Please add your company domain on the variable "company domain", and add your company name on the variable "company name".

The expression in the Compose as below:

split(concat(triggerBody()?['RequiredAttendees'],triggerBody()?['OptionalAttendees']),';')

The expression in the Condition as below:

@and(not(contains(items('Apply_to_each'), variables('company domain'))),contains(triggerBody()?['Location'], variables('company name')),not(empty(items('Apply_to_each'))))

The expression in the Condition 2 as below:

@equals(variables('contain outside company attendees'), true)

When a event is created,the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: When an attendee of all Required & Optional attendees is from outside of your company, send

Hi @jesusem,

How would you check if an attendee of all Required & Optional attendees is from outside of your company from the attendees's email?

What is the name of your office?

Please share more details or please share an example so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

jesusem

Hi Alice, thank you for your reply.

I thought checking the domain name of the email address. Could it be done?

Do we have to fill the company name on the contact details of all members and check that field by comparing it to a text variable?

Regarding the name of the company, sorry i wrote "office" by mistake, it is Improving Metrics.

In order to it for a general use, I think that this 2 parameters could be text variables that other users could replace by their own values.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jesusem,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG 

Note:

Please add your company domain on the variable "company domain", and add your company name on the variable "company name".

The expression in the Compose as below:

split(concat(triggerBody()?['RequiredAttendees'],triggerBody()?['OptionalAttendees']),';')

The expression in the Condition as below:

@and(not(contains(items('Apply_to_each'), variables('company domain'))),contains(triggerBody()?['Location'], variables('company name')),not(empty(items('Apply_to_each'))))

The expression in the Condition 2 as below:

@equals(variables('contain outside company attendees'), true)

When a event is created,the flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
jesusem

Hi, thanks for your help! Finally I have it working.

Now I would like to improve it by notifying the names of the external visits to reception, so I am trying to get the contact details using the attendee's email address, but it seems that I need to know the contact ID to get the contact's details.

So, my last question is: Is there a way to get the name of the contact only with the email address?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jesus.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 4,934 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: