Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

When an excel file is added to sharepoint doc lib, excel connector throws error

Hi,

I have a flow where when an excel file is added to sharepoint doc lib, excel connector throws error.

"body": {
        "status"404,
        "message""No table was found with the name '{B83DBAF7-7EF2-4853-8012-462DD3A39AB3}'.\r\nclientRequestId: 9078825e-6cbf-470f-b190-beecae36a9ff\r\nserviceRequestId: 0dcc2c52-d60c-41bf-bf6b-0dff55fdcc47",
        "error": {
            "message""No table was found with the name '{B83DBAF7-7EF2-4853-8012-462DD3A39AB3}'."
        },
        "source""excelonline-sea.azconn-sea.p.azurewebsites.net"
    }

I have configured a workflow to fetch an email from outlook inbox and update the existing file in the sharepoint doc lib. The file gets updated in the checkout state,  but my second flow where when an item is added to the SP doc lib it should list rows in excel which is not happening:
Teresa24486_0-1633451113681.png

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 

After the trigger add a delay for a minute or so. If not you might get resource not found error. Then use Get Tables and list rows present in a table. This should work if you hardcode all the path by browsing and set the filename and path. 

If you want to make it dynamic (Excel file name and table) please have a look at this blog by Josh Cook.

Get tables – Flow Alt Delete – Josh Cook [Microsoft MVP]

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
dbro
Super User
Super User

@Teresa24486, It sounds like the List rows present in a table action may not be finding the table name in the newly added excel doc.  Does the excel file you added have the exact same table name as the action shows?  I think it must in order for it to work properly.

2021-10-05_10-01-49.jpg

Hi,

so my flow works in a way that the excel sheet is automatically added to the SP doc lib through a flow, after which the second flow runs, so in this case the excel connector doesn’t detect the table field of the file automatically. Can u pls advise.

Is the file name and table name always the same of the newly created file? Is it possible o make it such?

Hi @Teresa24486 

Please take a try to add Get Table action, then replace the table name with Table id.

vLilyWmsft_0-1633484994518.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1633485005489.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @dbro,

The excel file name is exactly the same, but I think when the new file is created the table name changes, the custom value is pre-defined this way already.

Teresa24486_1-1633507793460.png

Hi @v-LilyW-msft,

I tried the steps you suggested and here is the error :

Teresa24486_2-1633509341318.png

Hi @v-LilyW-msft,

I tried the steps you suggested and here is the error ; please advise.

Teresa24486_0-1633598254165.png

Hi @Teresa24486 

From your output, the value of Get tables is empty.

Please make sure there is a Table in the added excel.

This is my test results.

vLilyWmsft_1-1633599156440.png

Best Regards.

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 

After the trigger add a delay for a minute or so. If not you might get resource not found error. Then use Get Tables and list rows present in a table. This should work if you hardcode all the path by browsing and set the filename and path. 

If you want to make it dynamic (Excel file name and table) please have a look at this blog by Josh Cook.

Get tables – Flow Alt Delete – Josh Cook [Microsoft MVP]

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Hi @abm

I will check this out and give you an update. The error for the excel table isnt there, but the create condition did not work as expected. I had a few new records on the excel sheet which did not get updated on the SP list. 

Hi @abm,

I tried out the link you posted but here is the error; pls suggest?

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'List_rows_present_in_a_table' inputs at line '1' and column '20612': 'The template language expression 'first(outputs('Get_tables')?['body/value']?['id'])' cannot be evaluated because property 'id' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. 

Hi @abm,

The list got updated after modifying the condition to pick the value from the SharePoint connector - 

length(body('Get_items')?['value']). Thank you for your support.

Hi @Teresa24486 

Could you please mark the solution as accepted? 

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,040)