cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flowuser917
Frequent Visitor

When an item is created or modified - Requires Modified field to be indexed

I've created a flow with the trigger "When an item is created or modified" from a Sharepoint list. I'm sending out emails to people within my organization based on particular items in the list. I've used "When an item is created" as a trigger on this list many times, but this particular flow needs to include items which are modified, not just created.

When I test my flow, I immediately get a BadRequest Error 400 stating:

"This operation requires Modified field to be indexed but current user does not have permissions to create it automatically."

There appears to be some issue with my account accessing the Modified field, but I'm not sure how to address this. The "Modified" field is basically a relative timestamp of when the item was modified (eg. 3 days ago, 1 week ago, etc.). I've used this same trigger on other Sharepoint lists which have a very similar "Modified" field without a problem.

Any thoughts? Thanks!TriggerError.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to figure out a solution to the problem. I had to have a Sharepoint Admin set the "Modified" column as an index. Apparently this is needed for Flow to recognize when items have been modified.

To do so, I had to go through List Settings >> Indexed Columns >> Create a New Index. Then I set the "Primary column for the index" to be the "Modified" field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @flowuser917,

Message mentions that the current user does not have permission to automatically create index.

And you have used this same trigger on other SharePoint lists which have a very similar "Modified" field without a problem.

I infer that you didn't get permission for this list. I have no way to reproduce such an issue on my side, and after my search, it seems that there is no similar problem before.

You could try to ask SharePoint Admin for similar permissions or ask why there is a similar situation.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was able to figure out a solution to the problem. I had to have a Sharepoint Admin set the "Modified" column as an index. Apparently this is needed for Flow to recognize when items have been modified.

To do so, I had to go through List Settings >> Indexed Columns >> Create a New Index. Then I set the "Primary column for the index" to be the "Modified" field.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,087)