cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbest
Level: Power Up

When an item is deleted: Error 400

Hello! 

I am building a flow that triggers when an item is deleted on a sharepoint list, the same item is deleted from an excel document. 

The flow ran fine for a few weeks, but now i'm getting an error 400 on "When an item is deleted" step that says: 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The changeToken refers to a time before the start of the current change log.\r\nclientRequestId: 4518454a-9776-4f69-9434-1397632fd5de\r\nserviceRequestId: 1b79c49e-0085-8000-de00-6f0960731ae3"
}

Not sure what has changed or how to troubleshoot this error? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Flow Staff Chakkaradeep
Flow Staff

Re: When an item is deleted: Error 400

We are checking on this and we believe this is an issue with the list changelog. If that is the case, any fix we do will not fix the flow as the flow is already set. That said, here is the workaround that you can do to recover from this issue:

1. Edit the Flow and temporarily change the trigger to use a different Site or a different List
  2. SAVE the Flow (this is important!)
  3. Edit the Flow and change the trigger back to what it was
  4. Save and run

Let us know if the workaround fixes your flow. 

8 REPLIES 8
Flow Staff Sunay
Flow Staff

Did you manually delete any items from the SharePoint list?

The error message seems to suggests that your flow is out of sync

kbest

Yes, to test the flow. 

How can I re-sync? 

Highlighted
Flow Staff Chakkaradeep
Flow Staff

@kbest wrote:

Hello! 

I am building a flow that triggers when an item is deleted on a sharepoint list, the same item is deleted from an excel document. 

Can you explain what you mean by "the same item is deleted from an excel document" ?

kbest

When an item is deleted from my Sharepoint list, I get the "Name" of that item which corresponds to a column in my excel document. I then get that row, move it to a new sheet, and delete it from the original sheet. 

Flow Staff Chakkaradeep
Flow Staff

@kbest wrote:

When an item is deleted from my Sharepoint list, I get the "Name" of that item which corresponds to a column in my excel document. I then get that row, move it to a new sheet, and delete it from the original sheet. 

Thanks. So, this scenario would require you to:

1. Build a flow with the 'when an item is deleted' in SharePoint list

2. As the output of the trigger, you get some metadata, like the Name of the item deleted

3. Using that Name dynamic property, you can then query Excel using the Excel connector to get the row

4. Once you have that row, you can either move that row to a different excel file or delete that row from that excel file

sp-deleted-item-excel.png

If you are looking for the flow to run if you delete that the row from the Excel spreadsheet, you will need to check if that trigger is available in the Excel connector. 

kbest

Thanks, I already have the flow built. My issue is the error 400 on the trigger.... 

Flow Staff Chakkaradeep
Flow Staff

We are checking on this and we believe this is an issue with the list changelog. If that is the case, any fix we do will not fix the flow as the flow is already set. That said, here is the workaround that you can do to recover from this issue:

1. Edit the Flow and temporarily change the trigger to use a different Site or a different List
  2. SAVE the Flow (this is important!)
  3. Edit the Flow and change the trigger back to what it was
  4. Save and run

Let us know if the workaround fixes your flow. 

kbest

I had tried moving to a new list and moving back but was not saving in between. Looks like this has fixed my issue. 

Thanks! 

>