cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an item is deleted in Sharepoint - ERROR

Hi!

I`d like to ask for your help regarding "When an item is deleting" process.

I have two lists on my Sharepoint page, one is where my teammates can request for holiday (called here "Vacation Requests - TEST"), and the other one is a calendar that includes the approved holidays (called "Vacation Calendar - TEST").

Now I want to build a process where the trigger is: someone deletes an item/holiday on the original Sharepoint list, and it will show up in the calendar as well. So if I delete/cancel a request/item, the process will delete the related calendar event automatically, too.

Here is my process, but it`s not working (error 404 at Get Item)... I also tried without the "Get item".

nregina04_1-1594668296648.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

When an item is deleted triggers after deleting the item. So you won't be able to get any details using Get Item.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @abm @, it makes sense but...

Is there any solution to delete the Calendar item with the help of Flow if I deleted the item on my Sharepoint list? 

Hi @Anonymous 

Add a new column called delete boolean (Yes/No). Ask the users to set this when its ready to delete.  Design a flow which triggers via scheduled interval to look for which item to delete. Here you can use Get Item and find the related calendar details, delete the calendar item and finally delete the list item.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @Anonymous 

You can also create a scheduled flow to check for the deleted events in the main list compared with the secondary list on a daily basis to clean the events. Since it runs on the background, the user might not feel the difference. Sometimes the user may delete the item instead of setting up the extra field.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,149)