Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merel
Advocate II
Advocate II

When event is deleted trigger not functioning when there is a trigger condition

Hi guys,

Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but I have a feeling something is not working as it should.

I'm building a flow that copies and updates events that have the status Working Elsewhere to another calendar. This means I'm using the 'When an event is added, updated or deleted' trigger. I've added the trigger condition @equals(triggerBody()?['showAs'],'workingElsewhere').

For adding and modifying events, all works fine. However, when I'm deleting an event the flow does not trigger.

Anyone any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Merel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Merel ,

Yes, I have made the text and have the same result as yours, I think it is the expected behavior since the trigger condition couldn't work on the deleted item, that means if you add trigger conditions, the deleted trigger wouldn't work when an event is deleted.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

@Merel 

AS of November 2019 the limitation was the following

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Outlook-365-When-an-event-is-added-updated-...

Let's hope somebody else can suggest a workaround

Sorry for the bad news

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Merel ,

I agree with @efialttes  and I afraid that there is no any way to add the trigger condition for the delete item in sharepoint currently, the function to let the trigger condition work on deleted item is not supported in Microsoft flow currently.

I suggest that you could vote for the idea link that @efialttes  provided if you want the function to be supported.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @efialttes and @v-alzhan-msft !

Thanks for your swift replies!

I should have explained a little better: when I test the trigger without the aforementioned trigger condition, it does trigger when I delete an event. 

But when I use the trigger condition, it does not trigger.

For me, it is not a problem that only Action Type & id are taken from the deleted event. I have set up the flow so that it also takes along the id of the original item and that the flow can find the original item back. The only problem is that the flow does not trigger when I use the trigger condition and I delete an event.

This is the flow that I have, in case you're interested:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Any ideas?

Thanks again in advance!

Merel

Hi @Merel ,

Yes, I have made the text and have the same result as yours, I think it is the expected behavior since the trigger condition couldn't work on the deleted item, that means if you add trigger conditions, the deleted trigger wouldn't work when an event is deleted.

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

I agree with Alice... the conditions are never met since there is not trigger related info to evaluate... the event was deleted, that'all the info you get 😞

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @v-alzhan-msft  and @efialttes ,

Indeed, when I test with having the flow try to send me a message when the event is deleted with just the Action Type and the id, it functions, but when I try to do the same but have it include in that message the Show as-field, it does not work. So I understand now indeed: the flow is not triggered, because the moment the event is deleted, the only information available is Action Type and id.

Thanks a bunch!

Merel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,344)