cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rzgazaryan
Helper I
Helper I

When file in folder modified/created,convert to PDF, convert to Image, then save in another folder JPG (USING PLUMSAIL) - PLS advise

Hi all,

Using Plumsail for the first time to 

1. When file modified or created in SharePoint Folder

2. Convert to PDF (Plumsail)

3. Convert to JPG (Plumsail)

4. Save in another SharePoint folder (JPG Image with same name)

Rzgazaryan_0-1632701410616.png

I'm new to Power Automate and want to ask if this is at all a correct approach. Also obv new to Plumsail so I'm on the 30 day free trial. If anyone can advise or provide any advice, id really apprciate it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rzgazaryan,

I would use a create file action instead of a copy file action. In the create file you can use the file content of the plumsail action.

Below is an example of that approach.

Btw, that action will create a .jpeg of every single page of your pdf file. That is why I also introduce a count variable. This way you can append that number to the new file name and generate unique .jpeg files.

createfile_insteadofcopyfile.png

Btw, this flow will be triggered a lot. So, I would also advise to introduce a condition or a trigger condition to the setup 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rzgazaryan,

I would use a create file action instead of a copy file action. In the create file you can use the file content of the plumsail action.

Below is an example of that approach.

Btw, that action will create a .jpeg of every single page of your pdf file. That is why I also introduce a count variable. This way you can append that number to the new file name and generate unique .jpeg files.

createfile_insteadofcopyfile.png

Btw, this flow will be triggered a lot. So, I would also advise to introduce a condition or a trigger condition to the setup 🙂

View solution in original post

Rzgazaryan
Helper I
Helper I

Wow thank you so much for the reply. Each one of the slide decks only has 1 slide so I'm not too worried about multiple JPGs coming from 1 PowerPoint file.

And about the flow being triggered a lot, this was something I was really worried about and didn't know how to correctly approach. What kind of conditions would make sense in this context?

We have a team with 5 Team Leads and 20 clients with 20 PPT files in the folder. The status would change every week or so for each client MAX. So again, what kind of condition/trigger should I put in place?

I actually just applied this and it worked perfectly - thank you so much for your help. Considering there's only 1 slide per PPT file, I won't have to do the count initialize variable.

What I'm realizing now, is that, when the file is converted and copied over to the new destination, the file name is "xyzCustomerName.pptx" (even though it's an image now) instead of just "xyzCustomerName" - currently working through this, but I'm sure I'll find a solution soon. Thanks again for your help - this was awesome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,152)