cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpacifico777
Regular Visitor

When file is checked in, start approval to accept/reject edits

Hello all,

I am trying to create a workflow such that when a file is checked back into a list, it starts a flow that sends Approve/Reject to a manager who will decide if the edits made can stand in that file. I have started the flow that does the Approve/Reject process, but am lost on how to connect it to the check in part. Here are the screenshots of my flow so far. Please let me know if you can assist, thank you.

flow pt.1.PNGflow pt.2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your screenshot shows the "When an Item or File is Modified" trigger to start your flow.  it gets added in the Trigger Conditions under Settings on the '...' menu of the trigger.  Here's an article that shows where and how to add it.

Power Automate Trigger Conditions made EASY - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that there is no trigger that fires when a file is Checked In.  So you are triggering your flow on when a file is modified.  YOu can add the following trigger condition to make sure the flow only triggers when the file is Checked In.

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/{IsCheckedOut}'], false)

Yes, I do not have any trigger because I was unsure how to start. Thank you for the trigger, can you also let me know where would I put this in my flow?

Your screenshot shows the "When an Item or File is Modified" trigger to start your flow.  it gets added in the Trigger Conditions under Settings on the '...' menu of the trigger.  Here's an article that shows where and how to add it.

Power Automate Trigger Conditions made EASY - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I had to play with the trigger you have me but it now works, many thanks to you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,937)