cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

When my date is empty, its passed as an empty string and not as blank which gives an error

Hi, 

I am currently  working on a flow that updates data in CRM. (via Common Data Service)  One of the fields contains a date. This date can be empty or have a value. When the date has a value, it is parsed using formatDate().

As my date is stored in a variable, I'll also pass this variable on to CRM.

However, if my date is null, it will now automatically pass on an empty string as the date. This gives me the following error: "DateTime is less than minum value supported by CrmDateTime. Actual value: 01/01/0001 00:00:00, Minimum value supported: 01/01/1753 00:00:00"," because it transmits empty variable as an empty string.

Is it possible to make sure that I don't pass on an empty string but nothing at all? 

A solution can be to work with a set of conditions but this seems a bit cumbersome when you have several dates that can be empty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: When my date is empty, its passed as an empty string and not as blank which gives an error

Hi @Esli 

In that case what you could do is generate the JSON Schema with all the elements. Pass your JSON results to schema step to validate it. Later in your step evaluate from the JSON flow step. Hope it make sense. If note send me the full JSON schema. I will try to put something together.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: When my date is empty, its passed as an empty string and not as blank which gives an error

Hi @Esli 

Try using the expression function below

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['yourdatecolumname']))

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My response message will still have an empty string

{

"OrderNo": "AB123",
     "StartDate": ""

}

I just wish it parsed without the date field. What the normal behavior is when a field is left blank.

{

"OrderNo": "AB123"

}

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Esli 

In that case what you could do is generate the JSON Schema with all the elements. Pass your JSON results to schema step to validate it. Later in your step evaluate from the JSON flow step. Hope it make sense. If note send me the full JSON schema. I will try to put something together.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,753)