cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSwork
Regular Visitor

When new email with attachment arrives upload attachments to SharePoint document library flow query

Hi,

I have created a flow to monitor a shared mailbox for emails from specific sender and containing attachments to upload the attachments to SharePoint document library and as next step to send email notifications to relevant accounts with details about the upload.

So far so good - the flow works and 99% so far no issues. The emails are received once a day, mid day and the attachments uploaded to SP. Cool.

Until I noticed that the flow did not upload files for Saturday, Sunday and today as well.

Happens that over the weekend our organisation had an Exchange problems which accumulated a que of unsend emails, most of which seems were send today.

So today the mailbox in question received 2 emails with above conditions at almost the same time - like back to back, seconds between them.

I checked the flow history and the flow run twice today, reporting success:

RSwork_1-1628526200091.png

But no attachments were uploaded and no notifications were sent for both runs.

When looking at the 'Yes' branch I see the 'Create file' and 'Send and email notification' actions are dimmed:

RSwork_0-1628526056339.png

IMHO, I think possibly the cause is because the emails were received back to back - the flow started on the first email, then immediately started the second one and crashed or similar... am I right?

So my question is - how can I prevent something like that happening in the future. Especially if I need to build similar to other shared mailboxes...

Any ideas? Perhaps add some pause between flow runs for back to back emails issues? How? Or something more exotic?

Thanks in advance. RS

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,684)