Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scnative
Helper II
Helper II

When new item added, if criteria met, send email and update column

Hi. 

I have a SPO list with a column Status.  I'm trying to build a flow that when a new item is added, if the status = Pending-Termination, then it sends an email to the manager and increments count column +1. 

By default, the count column = 0, so I tried to use ODATA filter if status = Pending-Termination and count = 0, send email.  I get errors, though.  

I've moved steps around/different order, put them inline with others, etc... but get this error no matter:  

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each_-_send_email, Apply_to_each' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Send_an_email_notification_(V3)' are not defined in the template.'.'

I'm unsure why it's not working, as I used another flow as the template, and it works fine. 

If image is hard to see, can view large here:  https://ibb.co/M9gn3CM

flow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Really weird, because the error indicates there are some fields being referenced in the send email action causing the error. Could you try to remove the send email action and try to execute your flow?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @scnative 

Could you share a screenshot of the "send an email notification" action, since it seems the error is there?

Regards,
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo !  See attached.  It looks messy because I had to add custom HTML and added a bunch of <br> to push the built-in "unsubscribe" link way out of user's view. 

large view:  https://ibb.co/1TMh022

flow2.jpg

fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Really weird, because the error indicates there are some fields being referenced in the send email action causing the error. Could you try to remove the send email action and try to execute your flow?

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Hi @fchopo , 

So using your logic I built the email from scratch and it's working now.  No idea why or how, as it's the same as it was before, but something jostled it into working!  Thank you for pointing out the email was the culprit!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,536)