cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabloglombo
Regular Visitor

When programmatically creating a new Flow, create a new (Sharepoint and Mail) connection or traverse existing connections

I am programmatically creating a new Flow (so then I will add it to an existing solution).

This page is the main page that tells you how to programmatically create a new flow (not a new MyFlow but flow inside a solution since My Flows is not supported):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/web-api

Now, the problem is that I need a Sharepoint Online connection and a Shared Mail connection. And the official page for the ConnectionName property says:

Identifies the connection. You can see the connectionName by going to the Connections page and then copying it from the URL of the connection.

This is not a choice for us. We develop a third party solution and everything should be done automatically. I cannot ask each of the thousands of users a company may have to manually create a connection and to manually go to the connections page to copy the URL.

Is it supported using this Flow Web API (or the Dynamics CRM API) to programmatically create a new connection and to traverse all connections for a given user?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pabloglombo ,

Sorry for the function to create a new connection and to traverse all connections for a given user programmatically is not supported with Flow Web API (or the Dynamics CRM API) in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pabloglombo ,

Sorry for the function to create a new connection and to traverse all connections for a given user programmatically is not supported with Flow Web API (or the Dynamics CRM API) in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

My question is: Is it useful to have a Web API that allows you to create flows but it does not create the needed connections?

When you create a flow you almost always need a connection and if you cannot even retrieve the connection name (that is unique per user) then what is the purpose of automating the creation of a flow?

Do MS plan to include the connection creation and listing?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,179)