cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Why MS Flow is not triggering immediately? Why it is taking 3 to 8 minutes to get it triggered?

I have created a flow in my organization account to create a flow to do the following activities 

Trigger:

When the item is inserted in SHAREPOINT

Action(s):

Finding the authorized users present as column value in that list item and then giving permission to these users to another folder in another document library.

Problem:

But whenever an item is inserted at the list, it is taking nearly 3 to 10 minutes to START the flow.

Due to this, CUSTOMERS are not ready to accept this solution of having MS FLOW in the application...

What is the problem, Why MS FLOW is triggering after a quite long period, Are we not having any changes to trigger the MS FLOW immediately?

Did we have any constraints in triggering MS FLOW ?

Or else, the scenario which are doing is not correct to implement in MS FLOW ?

Everyone, PLEASE SHARE YOUR OPTION, YOUR SUGGESTIONS, YOU IDEAS on this ?

We have implemented number of other flows also, 

1) for triggering calendar mail once the item is inserted or updated 

2) for automatically adding users inside the people and group when users are added in the list

3) breaking inheritance and adding unique permission

BUT now all of sudden customer does not like to use the application with MS FLOW because of this latency in triggering the FLOW !

So, everyone please share your advices, or workaround around this topic with this thread .. Please....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Why MS Flow is not triggering immediately? Why it is taking 3 to 8 minutes to get it triggered?

Hey,

It is a shared service and has limits to make sure it does not fall over and get smashed. Just part of it unfortunately.

To get the best performance, license the flow service account with the per user plan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Why MS Flow is not triggering immediately? Why it is taking 3 to 8 minutes to get it triggered?

Hey,

It is a shared service and has limits to make sure it does not fall over and get smashed. Just part of it unfortunately.

To get the best performance, license the flow service account with the per user plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank your Gristy for your quick reply..

From Microsoft website , I can see the below info related to license..

For my application, we have created nearly 10 flows to make help quick development for breaking inheritance, giving user permissions , removing etc.

Is any possibility for you to give some idea about what plan do I suppose to propose my client to take for this ???

Power Automate Plans:

Power Automate per user plan which equips a user to run unlimited flows (within service limits) with the full capabilities of Power Automate based on their unique needs for $15/user/month.

Power Automate per flow plan which enables organizations to implement flows with reserved capacity that serve teams, department, or the entire organization without having to license each end user. This plan starts at $500/month for 5 flows.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Try per user and just use one a count to create the flows

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,191)