cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Why can't I authenticate with my own Microsoft account???

I been trying for hours to create a new flow, with 100% failure at doing so. I want the new flow to send an email from my Office 365 account. The action is supposed to send an email from my Office 365 account. Every time I try putting in my own Microsoft account, it brings up the dialog for me to enter an account and shows me my own account in the dialog box, saying I'm already logged in. Since that's the only account in the dialog, I select it.

And then POOF, the dialog box is gone. All I'm left with is this:

This error comes up over and over againThis error comes up over and over again

So, now its complaining about the connection not being authorized. This has been happening for HOURS!!!! I'm sick of it. Very little help to no help at all. And the connections that its complaining don't work are the weirdest thing I've seen. Because I'm using my own Microsoft account, which I'm authenticated on in this website, on my PC, on my laptop, etc., etc., etc. But I can't authenticate with this stupid Flow, I don't know what to do anymore. 

Why in heck does your continually failing connecting insist that my account looks like this:

live.com#<my Microsoft account name>@outlook.com

What kind of an account is that??? It certainly doesn't look real. And when I go through the process of selecting an account, and there's ONLY ONE ACCOUNT I CAN SELECT WHICH IS THE CORRECT ACCOUNT, it most certainly DOES NOT HAVE "live.com#" in the front of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's that coming from??????????????????????????????????????????

Why is it being put there?????????????????????????????

How do I get rid of something that your software is putting in????????????????????????????

I just don't understand what's going on, why its going on, how to stop it from going on, how to get anything to work when creating a flow, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Why can't I authenticate with my own Microsoft account???

@rfalanga 

On the action, can you try creating a new connection. This can be done by:

Clicking the 3 dots on the action,

Than 

Than clicking Add new connection.

Make sure you use a correct connection, for example:

If you are sending email with outlook Send email action, you will want to use a Office365 Microsoft connection (like the one you login with in Power Automate)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @rfalanga

Are you trying to use a template?
If yes, can you to create a blank flow.

What browser are you using?
Does the same error persist in a different browser?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rfalanga,

Please calm down and relax. I am sorrow you are facing an issue boring you.

Could you please share some information about your Flow configuration? It seems like you create from a template according to the error information,  you could show the template Flow name if it is.

About the connection issue, you could try these methods:

• Log out the account and log in. 
  • Click the Connections in the right panel to delete the old connection and create a new one:Annotation 2020-04-14 134433.png

• Create a new Flow from scratch, make it just has the action associated with incorrect action and try it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regular Visitor

Hello @Jcook, I don't believe I was using a template. I started the new flow using the empty template. That would mean I wasn't using a template, correct?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-litu-msft, thank you for your response.

I don't think I was using a template. I chose Empty Template, which I thought wouldn't have anything in it. I could be wrong, I'm operating under the assumption that empty means exactly that.

After starting the new flow based upon Empty template, I tried addition a manual trigger. I added 3 options which would appear in a dropdown. Then the next step was an action. The action was to email the selection from the manual trigger. I selected an Office 365 Email option to use to send the email. And at this point I encountered all of the problems I've mentioned previously.

I didn't start with a Connector. I don't believe I used any connector, unless the Office 365 Email is a connector. When I clicked on the Connectors link in the side menu, I didn't see an old connection that I could delete. There are several other connectors available, but none I saw which identified as something I'd previously used.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@rfalanga 

On the action, can you try creating a new connection. This can be done by:

Clicking the 3 dots on the action,

Than 

Than clicking Add new connection.

Make sure you use a correct connection, for example:

If you are sending email with outlook Send email action, you will want to use a Office365 Microsoft connection (like the one you login with in Power Automate)

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you @v-litu-msft and @Jcook for your help! Putting together what you both said I've finally figured it out. I couldn't have done it without both of your help. and I really appreciate it.

I'm wondering about something. When I was trying to create it the first time I was using Office 365 Outlook (I think that was the connection I was trying to use). It made sense to me. I've got an Office 365 license, so that's what I thought I should use. But this time, by chance I used Outlook.com as the connection. When I did that it showed my email address on outlook.com exactly as it should be. Adding what you both told me in the answers to my original post, I got it working. I don't understand why selecting Office 365 Outlook didn't work, but I'm wondering if it might be because of my license. I have an Office 365 Home Edition license. Could that have been a part of the problem?

And I'd like to apologize to everyone for having lost it with the original post.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@rfalanga l, that is awesome! I am glad we were able to fix the problem you were facing.

Yes, I believe the account for the outlook connection must match your organization or flow license.

All is good, if you have any issues, post on the community. We all are happy to help as much as possible where and when we can!

Stay safe

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,092)