cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Why is project online task custom field returning nothing when it has value?

I have an http request that pulls the "WORK ORDER" custom field from a project task. The http request succeeds but when I compose to see what it's value is it shows nothing. 

workorderempty.png

This action succeeds but this is what I get:

workorderisemptywhy.png

Why does the action work for default fields but not this one? Why is it succeeding but returning no data. And there is supposed to be data, I checked the task and it has values for that field. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Why is project online task custom field returning nothing when it has value?

Hi @Mgodby ,

Maybe this current project does not exist, or the WORKORDER is indeed an empty object.

Have you tried removing "?$select = WORKORDER", and then looking at the execution result of Flow, and seeing what the WORKORDER attribute value is in the body.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Why is project online task custom field returning nothing when it has value?

I tried removing the select statement but it changed nothing. It only returned default fields and none of the customfields. I found a way to pull customfields from a task but it has the same issue of not giving me the value of the customfield and will not return customfields with with empty values:

getcustomfields.png

Is there a way to get all the customfields of a task regardless of whether they are empty or not? 

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,205)