cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AutoPaul

Windows pop-up button control

Hi,

can anyone give me a hint where to look for solving my issues?

1) When automating the installation of an application Windows asks me if I'm sure I want to execute the program.

Then I have to answer "Yes" or "No" through a pop-up dialog generated by Windows itself.

How do I automate this popup by virtually pressing the "Yes" button?

2) Also when an application is started and it contains buttons how do I automate pressing these buttons ?

I don't want it to be based on position on the screen because I want to create a flow for different computers with different screen resolutions.

I tried the Desktop automation section but the buttons don't highlight.

Please can someone give me a hint, I just need someting that puts me in the right direction. Now I don't have a clue.....

2 REPLIES 2
Gidi
Frequent Visitor

An intermediate solution might be using the keyboard ( send keys ) within a Desktop flow. 

If the application uses Java it might be needed to install some add-on to access the window elements (see this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Unable-to-Capture-the-Java-application-Ob... )

VJR
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @AutoPaul 

Can you share some screenshots of No. 1 and No. 2

Some Windows security related popups are not spyable, therefore you might have to try sendkeys like Enter or Alt Y for pressing Yes. Need to do some trial and error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,505)