cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JensWesterlund
Frequent Visitor

Word Online dynamicFileSchema - Is ther any way of deriving the field number from the field name?

Hello,

I have a problem with using Power Automate to populate a dynamically selected Word document that I'm not sure how to solve.

I need to make a flow that:
1. fetches a dynamically selected Word file/template from a SharePoint Online library
2. populate fields in that document with a set of values
3. save populated document to an on-prem file server

All the files from the source library has a few fields in common that needs to be poplulated.
I have successfully tested using the Word Online-connector to populate the fields using dynamicFileSchema when I before knew what file it was and what numbers corresponded to the fields, but when the files are dynamically selected the same named field gets a different dynamicFileSchema-number for each file.

Is there any way of deriving the number from the field name?

There are a large number of files in the source library and files can be added, so manually maintaining a list or something with the mapping from field name to dynamicFileSchema-number for each file is not possible i think.

Or does anyone have another idea on how this can be achieved?

Kind regards
/jens
1 REPLY 1
Welbywelb
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

I've got the same issue and raised a feature idea https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/In-Flow-the-quot-Populate-a-Microsoft-Word-... to request it.
Please help to up vote this request.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,486)