cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria_Geek
Level: Powered On

Word Template to File Content

My flow to send to an online fax service is coming together.  Of course for HIPAA reasons, I need to automate a cover sheet with details.

The action of Populate a Word Template works great and I can even email the file and it shows correctly.

But when I try to include the File Content in an https post it does not work.  As the Word doc output it comes as 17 pages of code.  When the file is saved and converted to .pdf again the file looks right, but the File Content sent is a blank page.

I feel I need to mimic the 'include attachment' when dealing with emails, but don't know how to get to that level for the JSON post.  Any guidance would be appreciated. @SamPo 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Word Template to File Content

I would love to help but would need to see your flow to visulize what you are trying to do and where you are having the problem.  If you could include scrrenshots that would help alot.   thank you

Maria_Geek

@spsolutionsgrp 

Inputs are primarily collected at trigger and used to Populate this Word Template.

WordtoPDF flow.jpgFlow to Populate Word, create file and Convert to PDFPDF in JSON.jpgJSON where file is refereneced and when run successfully identifies it as PDF.

But the properties of the file indicates no Producer.  Not sure how to make it truly a PDF.  Have also tried simply uploading a .docx and not populating one with the same results.

Highlighted
Maria_Geek

I located this link to make the change more on properties.

https://sharepointlibrarian.com/2017/10/03/convert-sharepoint-documents-to-pdf-automatically-using-m...

Although it creates a file with more Adobe properties, it still faxes blank within the flow that created it.

What's interesting is if I use the same fax service to send simply the .pdf that was built as a pick it up and send it the file goes through correctly.  The JSON looks exactly the same for faxing the file content, when it's the built file and when it's the selected file and yet the results vary.  Thoughts?

Cover_Correct.jpgCorrectly sends imageCover_Blank.jpgImage is blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,786)