Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosie
Helper II
Helper II

Word template doc unreadable in desktop word

Hello,

I am having an issue with a document created from a "Populate a Microsoft Word template" connector.  The file is generated perfectly with all fields filled in as expected and can be opened in Word online, but when I try to open it in the Word App the document contains unreadable content.

Rosie_1-1652661063875.png

Rosie_2-1652661081601.png

If I download the document I am then able to open it in the Word App.

When I select the template in the connector all the fields are pre-populated in but in fields called dynamicFileSchema/######

I am not sure that this was happening before this issue started ocurring and I am not sure why they appear as they do.

I remove the pre-populated fields and then add the fields to the properties in the document.

Rosie_0-1652660664213.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rosie
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,

This seems to have come right on it's own.

I didn't change anything but today all generated letters can be opened in the Desktop App from the SharePoint library.

Cheers

Rosie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Heartholme
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rosie ,

This might be a number of things.

Firstly, I think this can be related to the dynamic content you are refrencing in your file, check out this post by @RichFunk365 : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Populate-Word-Template-How-to-use-dynamic...

Secondly, in your next action where you are exporting the file, make sure to put the correct format on your filename, this might cause the issue.

Thirdly, you can try to add another step where you create the file in OneDrive, where you take the body from your populate a word template.

Heartholme_0-1652685195902.png

Fourthly, you can try to reupload or remake the document.

{ If my post answered your question, please Accept it as a solution ✔ }
{ This will in turn help others find solutions to similar questions }

Best Regards
Heartholme

Hi @Heartholme ,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I should have mentioned this had been working perfectly.

The correct format is being added to the filename.

I then needed to add in more fields to the template.  After the error started happening and the dynamicFieldSchema fields appearred.

I don't follow the relevance of the link, the fields in the document can have the fields from list added to them to generate the document.  All the information is getting into the document.  There is something in the document the Word App doesn't like.  I guess it could be another way to check/construct the mappings to the fields.

Thanks

Rosie

Rosie
Helper II
Helper II

Hello,

This seems to have come right on it's own.

I didn't change anything but today all generated letters can be opened in the Desktop App from the SharePoint library.

Cheers

Rosie

Heartholme
Super User
Super User

@Rosie 

Glad to hear, seemed like a strange issue, so that's good!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,004)