cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frkmunk
Level: Power Up

Wordpress post approval

I am trying to create an editing flow of posts in Wordpress.- All actions are: WP to Outlook

1. I would like an email/notification sent to editor when the writer sends the text to be edited (WP to Outlook)
  2. The writer gets feedback and rewrites text - the writer sends the text to be edited(WP to Outlook)
  3. editor approves changes (WP to Outlook)
  4. marketing does its tricks and publishes post

Any one seen this?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Wordpress post approval

You probably could do soemething like this as Get Post and Create Post exist within the Wordpress connector. You will probabaly also want to use the approval connector  and use Flow approvals, however I'm not sure that I would send posts to people ( unless you send a link). The HTML in Outlook and wordpress will never really match so I don't think  that sending a post by email would give you what you want.

Frkmunk

Thx. 
I only wish to notify editors that there are post to be edited - not sent entire text(when writers push button "sent to editor"). - Some writers take only hours to write the post others days - hence I cannot use create post - so I need the notifikation (maybe a link) and approval as you say when writers push button. 

Super User
Super User

There doesn't seem to be an update post to publish the post but you could potentially use get post to get the unpublished post and then create a copy of the orginal using create post and post that with a published status.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Frkmunk,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show more details about your scenario?

Could you please show a bit more about the following statement?

@Frkmunk wrote:

I would like an email/notification sent to editor when the writer sends the text to be edited (WP to Outlook)

More details about triggers/actions the WordPress connector supports currently, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/connectors/wordpress/

If you could provide more details about your scenario, we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frkmunk

Hi Kris

I am not able to give you screenshots as I have not created the flow yet as I could not find the workaround to the editor/writer postition. 

After having read lots I can see that it is not possible to create this flow...

Best regards,

Pia

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 239 members 6,503 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: