Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sammyr
Level: Powered On

Work request form to Flow to Trello assistance

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a Microsoft Form to Microsoft Flow to Trello so that a new card is created everytime a work request is made.

1. Is there a tutorial for this kind of setup somewhere?

2. I have a question early on in the form (2nd or 3rd question) with 15+ options, all leading to different paths within the form. However, I can't figure out if I can repeat questions for multiple paths - e.g. "What is the title of your project?" - to pull that info in Flow and post to Trello, or if I need to break it out per path, e.g. "[Project1] What is the title of your project?"; "[Project2] What is the title of your project?", etc.

3. How do I set up Flow so that it pulls data from a Forms submission? It looks like it needs to make a call somewhere but the JSON is confusing to me. I'm not tech-illiterate but I have no idea how the JSON language is constructed. If there's a tutorial on this that would help a lot as well.

If I could just get these three questions answered, I think I can figure out the rest. I greatly appreciate any support provided.

Kind regards,

Sammy

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Work request form to Flow to Trello assistance

Hi @sammyr,

If you want to connect a Microsoft Form to Microsoft Flow to Trello so that a new card is created everytime a work request is made,please create the form in the Microsoft forms and the add the trigger "When a new response is submitted" of Microsoft Forms connector,and the add action "Create a Card" of Trello connector.

For your question 2 and question 3,could you please explain more details about it?please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

sammyr

Hi Alice,

Thank you very much for the assistance.

I was able to answer some of the questions I had myself, but need your assistance in regards to the image below.2018-07-23_1009-Flow-Pathing.png

What I am trying to create a set of if/then conditions that will go through all of the options on a particular question, and have a separate path for creating a Trello card for each option.

For example:

If the question is: What would you like to eat?

And the answers are:
[_] Pancakes [P]

[_] Eggs [E]

[_] Bacon [B]

[_] Waffles [W]

Add a condition where the answer to the question contains a unique identifier [UI]

IF YES: create new Trello card using information from the form submission

IF NO: check the next response for that question

Using this example, it would look like:

Condition

What would you like to eat? contains [P]

IF YES: create Trello card to make pancakes

IF NO: check the same question to see if the user chose Eggs [E]

IF YES: create Trello card to make eggs

IF NO: check the same question to see if the user chose Bacon [B]

I am trying to sort the data submitted to the form based on the answer to the question "what would you like to eat?" so that a different Trello card will be created depending on the answer given.

I hope this makes sense, but if not please let me know and I will do my best to clarify. 

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Sammy

sammyr

I may have figured it out, but if you wouldn't mind confirming for me I'd appreciate it.

Under the Condition,

YES: Create new Trello card based on answer

NO: Add a condition to check the same question for the next unique identifier in the list

For example:

Condition: question contains unique identifier [P]

YES: Create new Trello card for making pancakes

NO: Next Condition

Condition: same question contains unique identifier [E]

YES: Create new Trello card for making eggs

NO: Next Condition

etc etc

Thanks again,

Sammy

sammyr

In building out the flow as described, it looks as though I'm limited to 7 conditions - anything beyond that, I'm not able to choose actions for YES or NO. Maybe I'm building this out incorrectly. That being said, the question I need to create conditions for currently has 12 options and may go up to 18, so hopefully there's an answer to this that I'm unaware of.

Thanks again,

Sammy

sammyr

Thank you for the expedient response. "Switch case" is the function I was looking for. This is closed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,435)