cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda_ronningen

Workflow for approval Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations - issue when rejected

Hi all,

My client is using the Complete Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations workflow work items (PU29) template for approving project timesheet lines. However, I have the following issue:

The approver (project manager) gets an email with the possibility of approve, reject or delegate. So far so good. If the project timesheet line is approved it is ok. However, if the project manager decides to reject, the workflow creates a new approval task that is sent to the person registered the hours with the options to “approve” or “reject”. This is where it gets confusing since the labels does not make sence to me. By pressing the “approve” button, the workflow is resubmitted for approval to the project manager (which is correct besides the fact that no changes was made). However, if the timesheet owner press “reject” the workflow reject the project managers rejection and approves the project timesheet line and bypasses the project manager. This means the employee can register and approve its own hours. This does not make sense to me.

Is there any way of solving this issue, or removing the possibility to approve or reject the second step? We still want the possibility to approve the timesheet line in the first approval step.  

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,868)