cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

Workflow running but old one is running and I can't find it.

I have been working on a multi layered/multi conditional approval workflow and failing miserably with my testing.  I didn't want to lose all of the work that i had done in case i needed to refer back and just turned those old workflows off.

Something still seems to be running from one of the old ones i turned off and I cannot find it.  Everything associated with it is turned off except this new workflow.  It just sends out the first email twice which goes to certain people when the approval process has started.  Sends the correct one from the flow i'm working on now and an old submission email.

Any ideas of what could be happening?  I've checked and doublechecked that they were all turned off.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Didn't have anything there, but i went back to the solution that I tried to build a few weeks ago and saw that something was turned on there.  Just turned it off and did another test and it seems that fixed it.  Man oh man, I've checked it there several times too.  great googily moogily.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Are you sure if the flow is not on in any other environment? What is a workflow trigger for a new workflow? 

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

@PrasadAthalye I clicked on Environments and checked on the TEST one there but it doesn't have any flows there.  All are on our default environment.

The the trigger for the old was for it to run when an item has been created.  

Ok. Is it possible that the current flow is sending multiple emails?  What is the trigger for new flow? Can you please upload flow picture?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

Trigger for the new flow is Created or Updated and then based on specific conditions when created.  Old workflow that was turned off sends emails from  a specific shared mailbox and I set up the new workflow emails to be sent from a different shared mailbox.

startworkflow.jpgconditions.jpg

DCNehs
Helper V
Helper V

UPDATE...MS is still trying to figure out what is causing this issue.  I don't have anything else running and no one else has a copy that they created that's running.  It sounds like it's perhaps something that was running that was deleted and they have to see if they can find it.  

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@DCNehs

I had similar issue before and I could find the running instance through flow admin center while I couldn't see the flow actually running I any environment but it was there and running on the background and i could delete it from there.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

How were you able to find and delete it if you couldn't see it?  Even if i recreate the workflow I have the same issue. 

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@DCNehs 

Can you login to:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments

Then select your environment: 

Click on FLows

Mira_Ghaly_0-1615808786697.png

And then keep loading more to check if it exists and enabled

Mira_Ghaly_1-1615808859132.png

In my case i could found more than one record for same flow

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Didn't have anything there, but i went back to the solution that I tried to build a few weeks ago and saw that something was turned on there.  Just turned it off and did another test and it seems that fixed it.  Man oh man, I've checked it there several times too.  great googily moogily.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,850)