cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishmangal011
Frequent Visitor

Workflow to save email attachment and populate excel table with clickable hyperlink.

Hi all,

I am building a flow to save email attachments on receipt to a mailbox. The attachments will be saved in a OneDrive folder. 

Other details such as the date of receipt and attachment name will be populated onto a excel table. 

All of the above I have sorted, but I would like to populate the table with a clickable hyperlink that will open the attachment file. I am struggling to do this. The file is just a standard word doc.

Is this something that can be done? If so, any assistance  will be greatly appreciated....

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fishmangal011 

You can take a try to use Create share link action to achieve your purpose.

I set up a simple flow, you can refer to the screenshots below.

vLilyWmsft_2-1636600397621.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1636600377024.png

vLilyWmsft_3-1636600453905.png

After flow runs, the new row will be added with the file's link.

vLilyWmsft_4-1636600536037.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There is a trigger called "When a new email arrives"  This will run every time an email arrives in your inbox or sub folder if desired.  I do the latter as it reduces the amount of flows.  Basically have a rule in outlook that moves specific emails to a folder that my trigger is based on.  The trigger will return all the details you need from the email including any attachments

Then all you need after that are action steps to copy file to one drive and add rows to the excel spreadsheet with one column prefomateed with a formula =Hyperlink(TableCell,"Link")  You then populate the url into teh cell the hyperlink refers to. 

Thanks @leyburn19, that part I have sorted. 

The part I am struggling with is being able to have a clickable hyperlink in the excel table that will open up the attachment. 

That's what I said.  When you create the file in One Drive it will also give you the path to the file.  You put that in one of the cells when you add and the cell with the formula will work based that.  You can make the cell with the URL very narrow to sort of hide it,  but you cannot hide it as it will not be available in the flow to use.

Note that using your onedrive you must also share that with everyone that is going to open the file.  Real pain sometime.  I actually store these in a SharePoint Folder

v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fishmangal011 

You can take a try to use Create share link action to achieve your purpose.

I set up a simple flow, you can refer to the screenshots below.

vLilyWmsft_2-1636600397621.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1636600377024.png

vLilyWmsft_3-1636600453905.png

After flow runs, the new row will be added with the file's link.

vLilyWmsft_4-1636600536037.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,657)