cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anja
Level: Powered On

Wrong Timestamp in SharePoint

I created a flow with an email trigger. I saved some information from the mail in SharePoint.

In the screenshot you can see the timestamp from flow when the email is arraived ("Zeitpunkt") and the timestamp when the item is created ("Erstellt").

This two actions happed 6 minutes successively. So the timestamp in the field "Zeitpunkt" is wrong. It should be 02.01.2018 16:04. 

SharePoint Falsche Uhrzeit.PNGWrong Timestamp in SharePoint

What is happend? I checked the timezone settings in the SharePoint website and in Flow.

Flow wenn eine E-Mail empfangen wird Zeitzone.PNGTimezone in FlowSharePoint Zeitzone Einstellung.PNGTimezone in SharePoint Website

The timezone in Flow is in UTC. And the time zone setting in the SharePoint website in UTC +1.

Why is 2018-01-02T15:04:10+00:00 convertet to 2018-01-02T08:04:10+01:00 ?

What can I do to get the right timestamp in SharePoint?

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

Re: Wrong Timestamp in SharePoint

Hi @Anja,

Even thugh your tenant is set to your respective time zone, Flow will always read date and time in UTC. Perhaps you can try using the Date Time - Convert time zone step to convert your date/time to your time zone. I've had to do this in the past and it's really inconvenient, but to me that seems to be the only way to work around the whole UTC format in Flow.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anja,

Which time zone does your received email stay in?

I agree with @faustocapellanj’s thought almost, I think this issue is related to the time zone. The Microsoft Flow would convert your date and time into UTC format (UTC +00:00) automatically, no matter which time zone is set on your side.

You could consider take a try to add a “Date Time – Convert time zone” action within your flow (which @faustocapellanj suggested) and convert the data and time into your time zone:10.JPG

11.JPG

More details about the usage of “Date time - Convert time zone” action, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anja

Hallo Kris,

I converted the timestamp in Flow as you suggested.

In my first try, I converted the time in my own time zone +1. As you can see in the screenshots, there is the right time in Flow. Nevertheless, if I save this timestamp in a date/time field in SharePoint, it’s one hour too late.

Convert to UTC+1.PNGRight timestamp in Flow after converting to UTC +1Timestamp in SharePoint after Converting.PNGWrong timestamp after saving this timestamp in SharePoint

That is a strange result.

Therefore, I converted the timestamp in the second try to GTM (+0). GTM and UTC should be the same time zone…

I wondering but now there is the right time in SharePoint. (See in screenshot below.)

Convert to GTM.PNGConvert timestamp to GTMTimestamp in SharePoint after Converting to GTM.PNGRight timestamp in SharePoint after saving the GTM time

I hope this converting do not make problems with our summer/winter time change. Do you have any experience?

Best regards,

Anja

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anja,

That is an excellent point you make about the summer/winter time change since we also experience that in the US.

@v-xida-msft, any chance you can talk to the Flow team about that? I know not all countries observe time change during the year, but for the other ones, this might be an issue.

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ahernandez

How is that done if I might ask?  Where do I edit this from?  I was able to get the correct time zone but on an approval email being sent,  it shows the correct time zone & Microsoft's time zone which is 6 hrs ahead of my time.  I would like to either correct it or make is invisible in the approval flow email.

Super User
Super User

Hi @ahernandez

Can you please post screenshots of your flow so we can take a look at it?

Thanks.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ahernandez

I sure can here you go

https://www.screencast.com/t/2Mf0tc0r

ahernandez

I ended finding a work around that does not display the UTC time so I thought I post it here. In the yes or no approval at the end  select the send an email trigger at the end of the flow.  

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/02/08/microsoft-flow-approval-email-send-with-options/

ahernandez

Sorry but I am not satisfied sending an email with options as it does not provide the approvers comments.  Here is a screen shot and sorry to take up your time but if you can help me get this working but with my time zone as I'm in Chicago,Ill

ShelbyEPons
Level: Power Up

Hi, 

I was experiencing a similar issue in my Work Tracker flow (see "Quickly track your work hours and work location in an Excel table" template). The time stamp was being recorded as 5 hours ahead of my current UT-6 time (US CT time). I used a convert time zone action and then referenced that action in the "add row in table" excel action below, and it works for me now. 

I'm not sure if this is the best fix, but I'm posting in case someone else may be able to use it to help fix their issue. 

Flow Work Tracker Time Conversion.PNG

Thanks!

Shelby

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anja 

It's almost two years since your original post, but... you saved my week!

I think I found the reason you need to substract one hour when transforming timezone from UTC to (UTC+1) in order to store the right value in your sharepoint

You are using a Text column to store the value instead of a Date column, right?

I got this result when I substracted 1 hour when transforming timezone, my local time is also (UTC+1) and my sharepoint site is proprly configured.

FlowSPDatesFromOutlook.png

Creado column correspond to 'Created': 09:40 local time (UTC+1)

On the first three columns I am storing the REceivedDateTime from a new email received, applying the same Flow TimeZone manipulation in all these three cases: source time zone (UTC-1), destination TimeZone (UTC+1)

EmailDateText: Text column (09:40, UTC+1: my local time)

EmailDateTimeDate: Date column, no time displayed

EmailDateTimeDateTime: DateTime column (10:40, UTC+2)

Now on the fourth column, I am storing the result of utcNow() without Timezone manipulation

utcNow column: Text column (08:40, UTC)

Thanx again!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,136)