cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aellingsen

Wrong date for Planner Task

I'm trying to create Planner Tasks from an Excel Table, but it is scheduling everything for the day before.  I have added the UTC time zone conversion but it did not solve the problem.  Here's a screenshot -- any advice?

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 10.33.56 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yeah. If you don't include a time, Power Automate will put in 00:00:00 for you...which is not yet that day (in other words, 2021-10-12 T 00:00:00 is actually midnight of 2021-10-11.  Cool feature huh? 😉

So a couple of option. You can format the date to include a time, or you can just add like a minute to the date. So I'll show you by adding in a minute to the time. 

Add expression to your start/due date with the following: 

addMinutes(YOURTIME,1,'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm')

Where YOURTIME would be your excel dynamic content values. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Couple of questions. 

1. Why are you converting it from UTC to your timezone. Are you storing the dates in Excel in UTC format, wouldn't imagine you would be. 

2. Just before your create a task step, can you add in a compose statement, and in the input for that, just add your Start and End values from Excel (Maybe add a few spaces between so I can see the break between them). Then run the flow and show the results of that Compose statement...

aellingsen

1. The first few troubleshooting posts I read suggested adding the UTC>my timezone solution, but perhaps that's not necessary?  Happy to delete them if they're not needed.

2. I'm very new to Power Automate - I've added the Compose statement with Start and End values, but I'm not sure how to show the results of that Compose statement.  Here's a screenshot of the Compose statement added.  Grateful for any advice!

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 11.54.33 AM.png

ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

1. For understanding, the posts you had read were most likely using "today's date" and converting it to their local time zone. In those cases, they are using a function called utcNow() to grab today's date/time, but that would be provided in UTC time and if you needed the exact time you would convert it to your local time zone. 

2. As for providing the results...there are a couple of ways to do this. 

a. In the top right hand corner of your Edit screen, you will see a "Test" link.

ccc333ab_0-1625677358835.png

Click that and trigger your flow...(if you are running this manually, just start it up). Once the flow has completed, just open up that compose statement you created and it will show the results. 

b. Trigger your flow normally. If you click on the flow (not edit), you'll see a screen with all the Flow properties. At the bottom, you'll see a 28-day run history. You can click the last flow you ran and you can see all the results of the flow. Open up the Compose statement and paste in the results. 

aellingsen

1. That makes sense -- I'll delete out those steps of the flow.  Thank you!

2. Here's what I was able to copy from the Compose step.  It seems to be correctly composing the date as 2021-10-12, but the task gets scheduled for 2021-10-11.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.09.40 PM.png

ccc333ab
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yeah. If you don't include a time, Power Automate will put in 00:00:00 for you...which is not yet that day (in other words, 2021-10-12 T 00:00:00 is actually midnight of 2021-10-11.  Cool feature huh? 😉

So a couple of option. You can format the date to include a time, or you can just add like a minute to the date. So I'll show you by adding in a minute to the time. 

Add expression to your start/due date with the following: 

addMinutes(YOURTIME,1,'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm')

Where YOURTIME would be your excel dynamic content values. 

View solution in original post

aellingsen

Perfection -- using the "Add to time" function to add 12 hours solved the problem.  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,245)