cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Level: Powered On

Wrong user emailed when data captured from Microsoft Forms

I have discovered an unexpected issue with using a flow that captures data submitted via MS Forms and add its to SharePoint - when my flow send an email to the person that filled out the data in forms, I receive the email and it is displayed under my personal view in SharePoint rather than the test user account I sent it from. I have another flow where if I email an email address from this same test account then that account receives the email confirming its been logged in SharePoint so Im thinking because Im the one who designed the form in MS Forms, the flow thinks I am the one filling it out even though its been shared for others to submit data to. I can verify that the test user account does appear in the forms responses excel spreadsheet so Its obviously somewhere in flow its not happy - check my screenshots - any ideas?

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.28.14.pngScreenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.28.40.pngScreenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.28.58.pngScreenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.29.16.pngScreenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.29.36.pngScreenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.29.53.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Wrong user emailed when data captured from Microsoft Forms

Hi @sudosaurus ,

Have you create a new flow and make the test again?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @sudosaurus

What's your send email connection credentials? Is that your test account?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

sudosaurus

The send connector is for my account - the same account that created the form and the power automate flow!

When the item is created in SharePoint it is supposed to populate the Requester field however it is not doing this from the Forms flow. But is doing it from my shared mailbox to Sharepoint flow. Which leaves me to think I need to use a Responders Email claim and map it to the Requester field - would that solve the issue?

EDIT: I tried this by adding another Requester field and the test account is populated in that one but my own account is still populated in the original.

It seems that when a form is responded to when the flow captures the data it thinks its coming from my account.

Therefore Im not sure that Forms is the best method to use here and maybe I should just use a SharePoint form or PowerApps instead.

Super User
Super User

Hi @sudosaurus 

Forms should give you the respondents email address. This way you should know who submitted the form data is.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

sudosaurus

Ill have to maybe re-create the flow and see if it works second time around.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sudosaurus ,

Have you create a new flow and make the test again?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,016)