cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yammer message to SharePoint list

I´m using the Yammer to SharePoint list template.

When a new message is posted in a specific Yammer group, a list item is created in my custom SharePoint list. This works just fine. However, I would also like to get the name of the user who posted the message and save it in a column in my list. Can´t seem to figure out how to do this. I can only see the sender id.

Can anyone shed some light on how to retrieve the poster´s name?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Satyam_Gupta
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you try with save this sender id into people picker column of the list in SharePoint.I think this thing may be work. Please let me know the status of the problem weather it work or not.

Thanks,

Satyam

Anonymous
Not applicable

I´m afraid using the people picker column wouldn´t work. I suppose this is the same as using a lookup column (which I have  already tried using) - unfortunately, these columns are "read-only" from Flow´s perspective.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Priannet

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, you are right, there is only the Sender_ID that could be received from the Yammer trigger used here.

The schema of the message body could be referenced in the article below:

Get started with the Yammer connector

There is a way (Using the Yammer Get user ID REST API) to get the User corresponding information based on the sender ID, but it would be a little diffcult to built that up.

We need to create custom API for this:

Register Custom APIs in Microsoft Flow

Check the reference for the Yammer User REST API:

/users/[:id].json

https://developer.yammer.com/docs/usersidjson

Or, submit this request as an idea in the Microsoft Flow idea forum, to suggest Product team to add this as an available Action:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (4,013)