cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hvandekamp
Level: Powered On

Yammer new "All Company" message: BadRequest Http request failed: the content was not a valid JSON

When a new Yammer message has been posted to the "All Company" group / feed, I want a flow to be triggered.

To realize this I've created a new flow with the Yammer connector's trigger called "When there is a new message in a group", which asks me to enter a Group ID and select a network. Selecting the network works fine, but the group selector doesn't show the "All company" group:

• When I bind it to my network and to a custom created group, the flow works perfectly.
  • When I enter Group ID 0, which perhaps would be right one according to online blogs, the Flow validation returns the error: BadRequest. Http request failed: the content was not a valid JSON.

See the attachment regarding the setup and error message.

How can I fix it to make sure the flow fires when a new message inside the All Company group has been posted?

Flow new message in Yammer All Company feed-1-setup.pngFlow new message in Yammer All Company feed-2-error.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Yammer new "All Company" message: BadRequest Http request failed: the content was not

Hi @hvandekamp,

Does the “When there is a new message in a group” trigger fires when you set the Group Id to 0?

I have made a test on my side and the flow doesn’t trigger. The flow works well when I bind it to a custom created group. 

There is no way to trigger the flow when a new message is posted into All Company group in Microsoft Flow currently,  if you would like this feature to be improved soon, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
hvandekamp

Re: Yammer new "All Company" message: BadRequest Http request failed: the content was not

I'm having the same issue as you described @v-xida-msft. Thanks for the information. I've just created the Idea, called Trigger flow when new Yammer message posted in "All Company" group

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hvandekamp,

Does the “When there is a new message in a group” trigger fires when you set the Group Id to 0?

I have made a test on my side and the flow doesn’t trigger. The flow works well when I bind it to a custom created group. 

There is no way to trigger the flow when a new message is posted into All Company group in Microsoft Flow currently,  if you would like this feature to be improved soon, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
hvandekamp

I'm having the same issue as you described @v-xida-msft. Thanks for the information. I've just created the Idea, called Trigger flow when new Yammer message posted in "All Company" group

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,284)