Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes/No true condition not working as expected

Hello,

In my flow I am using Microsoft Forms as the trigger. The form has various Yes/No fields that populate corresponding yes/no columns in a SharePoint Online list - these populate fine.

I have a couple of conditions where one checks whether a specific question is answered and if so it starts an approval email on the "If Yes" section of the condition - this seems to work correctly.

However on the "If no" section, I have another condition that checks the "true" value for several questions on whether they have been Answered Yes or not - if they have then further down anohter approval workflow starts and if they've been answered no, then the list is item updated with a status of Completed and the flow ends. 

I have added a Compose action above this condition to get the output of Q1 - the config for this is below:

sudosaurus_1-1645532830649.png

sudosaurus_0-1645532812623.png

However, when I run my flow, the Compose shows "True" for Q1 - this was ticked as "Yes" in Microsoft Forms!

But in the Condition below, this the output is "False"!!??? It seems bizare as this shoudl be outputting as "True".

sudosaurus_2-1645532917166.png

For reference, the below is what should happen based on the above condition. If Questions 1, 3, 10, 15, 21 OR 23, 25, 27, 29 and answered as Yes/True then the condition should branch to the "If yes" section. Otherwise, it should branch to the "If no" section and end the workflow.

sudosaurus_3-1645533074671.png

Any help with this would be appreciated as I'm pulling my brains out here!

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @sudosaurus,

Just had a quick look at your condition 3 action. I am reading it like this:

If Questions 1 OR 3 OR 10 OR 15 OR 21 AND 23 OR 25 OR 27 OR 29 is equal to true go to If Yes 🙂

So, in that case I would say your expression would only result in a true/go to the If Yes if one of the 23,25,27,29 questions is also true (besides the Q1 one).

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,569)