cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

accessing an Excel column from Flow

I need to access the column so I can find the max value.

This does not seem a difficult thing to do, after all the column is already a list/array so, accessing the column from within a max() method would return the maximum value in the array. Excellent! 

So, how does one access an Excel column from Flow?

Here's a hint, not like this:

outputs('List_rows_present_in_Log')?['Data-ID'])

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BenDonahue 

i have created a value column(which has value 12,13,14) in excel and it type is string so i am converting into Int in Apply to each. In array variable 'Max' i am appending all values in variable and later used max() expression.

Hardesh15_0-1599056185780.png

Hardesh15_1-1599056234962.png

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hardesh15
Super User II
Super User II

@BenDonahue 

Do you want to fetch column value from excel? is this your problem?

Thanks

Hardesh

BenDonahue
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Hardesh15 ,

In this use case, I am trying to access the max value in Data-ID column. My strat is to get the column as an array and use 'max()' expression.

What I am trying to do is create a unique ID for each entry. Starting with a blank column, with pre-filled data in other columns, I want to grab the maximum value for Data-ID from the Log table, add 1 to it, and use that number in the first row, then add one to each subsequent row until all rows that have data are filled with a unique Data-ID.

@BenDonahue 

i have created a value column(which has value 12,13,14) in excel and it type is string so i am converting into Int in Apply to each. In array variable 'Max' i am appending all values in variable and later used max() expression.

Hardesh15_0-1599056185780.png

Hardesh15_1-1599056234962.png

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

BenDonahue
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It seems strange that we humans have to create an array from what is essentially an array.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (63,398)